Saturday, March 29, 2008
Marathon Mom
Well, as many of you know I am taking part in the SLC half marathon. My friend Emma and I are going to challenge ourselves and go the distance of 13 miles. We will walk/run it and pray we finish. That has been my goal I've been working on for months now. In January my friend Rachel said, hey you should do the half marathon in April. OK. I said. Then I asked my friend to do it with me. We have been walking together since school started in August. Plus we walk at gymnastics together while our girls are in class. She was up for it. She then said, but I don't run. That's OK. we could walk it as long as we kept a 16 minute mile. No problem for us we already were doing a 14 min mile. Now we walk a 12 min mile and run a 10. Yes, did you all catch that? We run now. Here is the girl who told me I don't run and that was fine with me. Well, we now run together about 3 miles and walk 3 daily. We average 40-45 miles a week. So we might just make it. Wish us luck and continued health and strength. April 19th is the big day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's so great! I'm very proud of you big sister!
Um, good luck with the marathonage! You should be proud of the progress you've made in getting your mind and body ready for the big day. Remember to HAVE FUN!
We're proud of you too, especially for updating your blog! ;)
that is great Keri!
Post a Comment