Friday, June 15, 2012

1 Fish. 2 Fish. 3 Fish. New Fish.

My children have asked us for a pet for years. I have said 'no' to cats because, I can and have. I've said 'no' to a dog because, I'm sick of cleaning up dog poo in my yard from the dog we don't have. I've said 'no' to snakes, parrots, gerbils, hamsters, mice, Guinea pigs, and several other forms of animals.
 But, now I am happy to say we finally have one.
We acquired a special little friend. Mackenzie went down to the carnival with her friends and brought home a free fish. Happy Day!
She kept it in a water bottle and fed it cheese.
Knowing how guilty I'd feel about a fish just dying from a bloated cheese belly I went out the next day and bought it more proper accommodations and food.
Now that the fish has a good home and real food. It needs a name. I called it Squishy Fishy or George for short. I must say,"Mr. Squishy Fishy George lived in style."
Did ya catch that.... Lived! The stinkin' thing died the next day! Dumb thing. It was probably due to bad cheese.
Now that we had a new tank, we had to put something in it. Kenzie tried to convince me to get crabs. Hahaha. I said, "I don't want Crabs." (She didn't get it.)
So yes, we had had to put something in the tank.
We now have 3 fish. Each of the older kids picked out their own fish. Sawyer got to pick out the rocks for the bottom. Aren't  I the best mom ever!
Mackenzie's fish is the Calico one. Dawson's is the super dark one. 
And Xander picked one that has big bug eyes.

Xander's fish.


1 comment:

mom said...

You're no fun. You know how much you loved poop/pear duty in the backyard growing up.
Now you get to fight with the kids as to whose turn it is to clean the fish tank once the novelty wears off.
Glad you finally caved and got them something. I just remembered-didn't you guys have a big tank when you first got married?