Monday, November 16, 2009

It's a miracle.

What is? No Ty still hasn't found a job. Yes were still living on love. Doesn't pay the bills though. But, the miracle is that Dawson let me buzz his hair. He told me I couldn't do it because he wanted long hair. Not shoulder length. Just skater long. Well, he came in from playing out in the snow and when he took his stocking cap off his head was itchy. (Not cause of lice) because his hair was long and sweaty. I asked him if I could buzz it and he told me OK. But he only wanted it short for this many days and held up 5 fingers. Agreed. In 5 days it will have grown a tiny tiny bit. So therefore, I did not lie to my child.
That's justification at it's best!
And now he sports a clean, even, buzz cut. He actually laughed when he saw all the white, blond hair on the floor. He said, "Wow, that's a lot of hair."

4 comments:

Dad said...

Where is the picture? Coming in after playing in the...'SNOW'? I almost chocked on that four letter word. I never figured that Ohio was the tropics, but I'm still riding my motorcycle with just a shirt and jeans. As a kid I believed that Salt Lake and south were nearing the tropics it was always so warm down there. Go ahead and be selfish. Utah can have the greatest snow on earth.

Kate said...

Yeah, no pic? What gives!?

mom said...

Keep it-the snow. Ugh!

becky said...

That must have been a quick change from the other day. don't worry we lie to our kids all the time. It really does make things easier. christian lies to them just to get them all riled up. (I don't know how to spell riled but you can sound it out)