Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mackenzie's Baptism

I can't believe my baby turned 8. Not only that, I can't believe it took me a month, almost 2, to blog about it. Ha ha ha. I guess if I had blogged right away, I wouldn't be true to myself. So here's to being me!
Mackenzie turned 8 on April 9th. And she was baptized on April,11th. She got to have her own special day which meant, we could plan everything. I left it all up to her. She chose her songs. Opening song was 'Called to Serve' and the closing song was 'When Jesus Christ was Baptized'. Aunt Shannon played the piano and Aunt Stephanie conducted. She asked her Grandma Bruderer to say the opening prayer and her Grandma Perry to give the closing. For the special musical number Kenzie asked her Grandpa Bruderer to play his flute. Grandpa played 'Love at Home'. She wanted her Aunt Missy to give the talk on Baptism and she had her me give the talk on the Holy Ghost.
Tyler baptised her and confirmed her member of the church.
We were so blessed to have family and friends with us that special day. Thank you to everyone who drove so far, helped with the lunch, and supported Mackenzie on her big day.
Just on a side note, I thought I'd share this;
I think the funniest thing she said to me was,

"Do I have to hold my breath under water the whole time daddy says the baptism prayer?"




Mackenzie on her baptism day. We are so proud of you!

Mackenzie and Daddy

Mackenzie's Baptism cake. Made by Aunt Missy. It was delicious!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Yay! Happy Baptism/Birthday Kenzie!

And a completely unrelated sidenote. The word verification for this comment is "calin" I kid you not. Weird.

Dad said...

We all enjoyed Mackenzie's baptism day. I am honored that we were asked to play a little part on her special day. The grandchildre mean so much to us. Anytime that we get to spend with them is exciting.
By-the-way, good job on updating your blog.