Thursday, May 28, 2009

Goldfish Story

My sister blogged about a story that happened while we were visiting her in Idaho. She however, got a few of the details mixed up and confused. I think her version was a little soggy!
Here is the story.
We were sitting in church and her daughter Trinity was eating goldfish crackers. She decided she would share a goldfish with her 4 month old brother.
In went the goldfish! I was holding Ivan at the time and my sis and I laughed a little at his face and his reaction to the foreign object in his mouth. I decided to save my nephew's life and pulled the goldfish out before it could get lodged in his throat.
OK. so maybe I exaggerated a little. But this next part is all true.
After I pulled the De-cheesed goldfish out (it was even extreme cheese) I placed it on the lid to the container holding the fish. My sister looked at me like I was crazy, while I was wiping my fingers off from being in a drooling baby's mouth and covered in cheesy slime. She then preceded to pick up the goldfish cracker and pop it into her mouth. She ate it.
That grossed me out! She thought my reaction was hilarious.
She didn't think it was a big deal. I'm sorry but, eating a recycled goldfish cracker is nasty. It's like saying,"hey son, I wanted plain goldfish, could you suck all the cheese off these and then give them back to me?" It's as bad as saying,"this gum is too hard, could you chew it to soften it for me" Gross!
The sad thing is her husband didn't think it was a big deal. But I've seen some of the stuff he's put in to his mouth. And we won't go there!
OK. now it's up to you. Would you ever eat a goldfish that's been in your kids mouth?

10 comments:

Missy said...

WHATEVER!! It was not de-cheesed, it was in his mouth for like a millisecond. NOT a big deal! Admit it folks, you have done or would do the same.

Kate said...

I'm so not getting involved in this!

mom said...

Not a big deal. A couple of you girls have long nails so you can pick your babes nose. OK so that's not the only reason-butit can be gross. I agree with Curt-whatever!

becky said...

Sorry, I'm with your sister. At first I thought gross. But landon has handed me gum (already very chewed) in the car with me driving and I didn't have any place to put it so I chewed it until our first stop. I worried if I gave it back then I would find it on the seat or something.

Dan said...

I'm not having kids, so that I don't have to make decision such as this.

Dad said...

A comment to Daniel's comment. I don't believe you. I want to know at what age to teach your children to give blood?

Dan said...

My kids can't give blood...they wouldn't be able to donate plasma! Which is kinda funny you should mention that, I just got home from the Plasma Center!

Keri said...

Becky, That is by far nasty! I would have chucked it out the window before chewing it. Now you know why I have a no gum rule in my house. That's whole another nastiness area for me. I can't even go there.

Matt and Liz said...

Um, nasty. Enough said.

chris w said...

Bleh. I'm with you Keri. No gum, no boogers, no things from anyone's mouth.