Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sunburns and blisters

Kenzie received her first major sunburn of the season. She decided to wear a tank top on Monday and is now suffering. I know what you all are thinking, "why didn't here mother put sunscreen on her?" Well, she took off playing with her friend right after lunch. And when her mom told her to come home for sunscreen she disobeyed and now is paying the consequence of having ignored her mom's wise council.
I explained to her, as I smothered her shoulders in after sun cooling aloe stuff, that I have been burned so much that I know how much it hurts. And that next time she needs to listen to me so that she doesn't get burned again.
Now she is trying not to raise her arms because it hurts so bad when her shoulders wrinkle up. I feel so bad for her. But, what can I do?

On a side note, her tooth fell out on Monday. The tooth fairy brought a gold dollar again. No floss this time.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Sometimes they have to learn the hard way. At least now she knows to listen and make sure it's applied, that's a very good lesson! But I do feel for her, I hate sunburns.

Missy said...

poor girl. What's up with your tooth fairy? Why can't she bring a simple thing of floss? Maybe Kenzie (I almost put Trinity) can take her gold dollar to the dollar store and get some floss!

Dan said...

With as many teeth as she's losing, she won't need floss, she'll need a shoe lace!