The tooth fairy made several stops at our house during the month of April. Luckily May had been a quiet month from her. It now looks as if she will be returning soon. In April Kenzie lost both her front bottom teeth, within a weeks time. That left her with a beautiful gaping hole. Then about a week later out comes one of her front top teeth. That left her with a bigger hole and a lisp. (Think Cindy from Brady Bunch.) So now she is missing 3 with the 4th on it's way out. I have begged her not to pull it yet for fear she would have a giant square of teeth missing. Imagine the picture. Luckily, the bottom ones are coming in and it looks like she will just be wishing for her 2 front teeth this Christmas.
We have learned though, that the tooth fairy seems to be very forgetful at times. Ya see, she forgot to come to our house one night. Kenzie lost a tooth the same day as another kid in her class. Kenz decided not to put her tooth under her pillow so the tooth fairy would only go to Carson's house and not ours. Kenzie thought it would be too hard to go to both houses in one night. OK. what ever you want. (wonder how she thinks Santa does it) Well, the next night she put her tooth under the pillow and didn't tell us. Yep, turns out the tooth fairy forgot to come.
We explained to her that maybe because she had waited one night already, the tooth fairy knew she would wait another night because she had to make a special trip to some one's house who lost their first tooth. That did it. Oh, OK she said. Then she wrote a note to the tooth fairy requesting what she got. I asked her what she was doing and she responded, I am telling the tooth fairy what I want left under my pillow. I said, do you think the tooth fairy takes special requests? She looked at me and said, well, I had to wait an extra night for her so she should.
It turns out Kenzie requested, dental floss, a new toothbrush and her own tube of toothpaste. (Not the spicy kind mom and dad use) We use Crest. It's Minty not spicy. Well, the tooth fairy delivered a gold dollar instead. In the morning, she was very disappointed. There was also a note explaining the dollar. It read,
"Dear Mackenzie, I found your request written upon the envelope containing your tooth. I am sorry to tell you that I did not have any of those items left in my bag when I arrived at your house. Please feel free to save the gold dollar and use it to buy a new toothbrush or dental floss. Remember I only like to receive clean teeth so please obey your mom and continue to brush when she tells you to. I'll see you next time you lose a tooth. Oh' one more thing, Your room needs cleaned. I dropped my wand and couldn't find it with all the Barbie's on the floor.
Kenzie didn't find it as funny as I did. But, Her room is cleaned right now with the anticipation of her tooth falling out. Just a side note, she brushes her lost tooth before she puts them in an envelope under her pillow.
Maybe the tooth fairy will bring her that dental floss this time.
5 comments:
I totally understand! Calin has been losing teeth like crazy. He has 4 gone and another on it's way out. A permanent top tooth is on it's way in though, as well as his 6 year molars (or whatever year they are). Naiya is getting some molars as well so there's been lots of tooth drama over here lately.
Oh and I posted a photo for you.
Keri, just make sure she's not chewing gum while trying to blow out birthday candles!
Dan, I told Kenzie that story today. The tooth is gone!
Do you guys remember we told you the tooth fairy did not take teeth with cavities so if you wanted money you better keep brushing? Seemed to work for you guys. What fun times you and Kate are having. And such memories!
Post a Comment