Sunday, December 15, 2013

I Can't Wait Until I'm 8.

I am so very proud of Dawson for making the decision to be baptised. Dawson turned 8 in Sept. and had to wait until October for his big baptism day. He counted down the days for the entire month. He was overwhelmed with excitement. His excitement was extremely catchy. Soon we were all talking about his special day.

I am very honored to be this young man's mother.
He reminds me every day how to be more like Christ.
He's a wonderful example to our family and to all those who meet him.


One the things Dawson was most excited about was the fact that his bestest and most favorite cousin was coming. Not only was he coming down, but Ivan was staying with us. Let the good times roll!
Dawson was the only one from our ward getting baptised that day so he got to plan everything he wanted. He got to pick the songs, talks, prayers, and all those participating. Whatta lucky kid.
He chose Aunt Katie and Mackenzie to give the baptism and Holy Ghost talks. Uncle Darin was so sweet to lead the music for us. He chose 'I Love to See the Temple' and 'A Child's Prayer' for his baptism songs. Aunt Missy and Xander said the prayers. Uncle Curtis and Uncle Nate were the baptismal witnesses.
Dawson asked his Uncle Dan to perform his baptism and to do the confirmation. I am very honored to be the sister of such an amazing man. I have always been proud to Dan's sister, but when I got to experience his testimony and his use of the Priesthood for my son my heart was overflowing with admiration and love for my little brother.

I've always thought that Dawson was a miniature Dan. 



I am forever grateful for my eternal family.

1 comment:

mom said...

Do so wish we could have been there or that we could have Skyped it.
I agree you do have an amazing son and brother.