Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Move Over Nanny McPhee.

Why haven't I called? Where have I been? What's going on? Have I dropped off the face of the Earth?
 No, I just have a few new things to keep me very occupied lately.
Turns out Nanny McPhee ain't got nuttin' on me.
My day is filled with lots of children. It starts off getting my oldest 3 off to school and then it's me and Sawyer. Not bad, right. 
At noon every day I head on over to my neighbor Becky's house to watch her cute kiddos. Thankfully, after 2 years of being laid off, Becky's hubby Christian was able to find a temp job. The only problem is they have young kids at home. As luck would have it I had just finished working at the farm and when Becky asked for help I was able to be there for her. 
So now my afternoons are filled with Becky's diva princess Cait- 3 yrs old. My Sawyer- 2 yrs old. And Becky's Twins, Maci and Beckett- 1 yr old. 
Hold the phone that's not all. Once school get out, my 3 return as do Becky's other 2 boys. If you're keeping track that's 9 kids all together. Ages 11-1. 
After school it's snack time and homework time. I love it when the kids are willing to sit down together and actually do their homework. Xander and Brenton (Becky's boy) go straight to work on their homework. They know if they finish it I'll let them play video games. What two 9 yr old boys wouldn't do their homework for that reward. 
Dawson and Landon are both in 1st grade, so their homework is pretty simple too. Sometimes they'll have the same spelling list as each other which means I can quiz both boys at the same time and homework goes a lot quicker. As for Kenzie, when it's not a gymnastic day she is more than happy to play with the babies. She hopefully is getting her baby fill cause it looks like she won't be getting that from me any time soon= ever! 
9 children= best birth control ever.
As an added bonus for me, I get to see Becky every day when she gets home from work. It gives us a chance to chat and laugh about silly stuff. What woman doesn't need a little adult conversation and stress relief in her life. 
OK. now it's time for my secret confession. I hope Christian's job becomes permanent. That way Becky can quit her job and stay at home so she and I can play all the time. She can join me and Jen on our lunch outings and in the summer when all of us moms are gathered in the back yard, Becky can come hang with us too. 
For the record, I did invite Christian to join us, but I think it was a little awkward for him to be out with a dozen kids and 3 other moms. I don't see why! 
Well, that's what I've been up to lately. It's a crazy-fun time and I love it. I'm thankful I was in the position to be able to help Becky and Christian out. They are great friends and I'm glad they trusted me with their kids. (:

Little Miss Maci and Sir Beckett.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Keri you are amazing!

Kate said...

9 kids! Yikes! Good for you though!

mom said...

Only you. Glad you're having fun.