Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween 2012

Our Halloween started off early with classroom costume parades. I had to get kids up, ready and off to school by 7:45 and then get me and Sawyer there by 8:10. Needless to say, Sawyer got a bum change and we were out the door with sippy cup and go-gurt in my purse. It was all good though.
The kids are dressed and ready for school.

A few fun shots before I sent them out the door.


All the kids during the costume parade at school.

After the parade, I came home and got myself and Sawyer ready for the day. My morning was interrupted by a phone call from Tyler. He usually only calls during the day if he has a question about the bank account, needs me to find a paper for him, or is calling to tell me he is being sent out on a business trip. This call however was neither of the above. He was asking me out on a lunch date.
Since I've been working at the farm so much on the weekends, our dates have become non-existent. So he remedied that with an unexpected little lunch outing. We lived it up with a trip to Costco followed by Chick-Fil-A. Yummy.
I had to hurry back to the school by 1:10 for Dawson's class party. I'm the room mom for his class so I kinda had to be there. Honestly, it's so much fun to be able to help out and make things extra special for the kids.



 We had 4 different stations the kids rotated around. The stations were, sugar cookie decorating, Halloween bingo, coffee filter pumpkins, and a capture the ghost game.
All the stations were run by parent volunteers and the were all a huge success.

And what did Sawyer do during the party?
He found a bin full of toys and entertained himself the whole time!

After the class party it was time to bring kids home from school and get homework done. Yes, I still made my kids read and do their spelling. Evil I know!
As part of usual Halloween tradition, Ty brought pizza home for dinner. Before we knew it, it was time to get Sawyer dressed in his costume and head out trick-or-treating. Because it was a school night most people seemed to start sending their kids out at about 6:00. My kiddos were eager to join them.

My little pirate is ready to go.

All my cute trick-or-treaters.
And 
How they really are.

Sawyer trick-o-treating at Natasha and Becky's houses.
Christian hooked him up with a peanut butter cup.
 I may or may not have stolen it from him.

 The kids lasted about till 7:30. I should say, Ty and Sawyer lasted till then. When Ty got home, I met up with Tara. She and I took the kids out till about 8:30. Then it was time to come home, stash the candy out of reach, head to bed and hope the kids go to sleep.

Happy Halloween from our house to yours!

1 comment:

mom said...

Sounds like all the Keith's had a great day. They must have had quite the haul after 2 1/2 hrs. TorTing.
Do you realize we've never seen that that is really Xan behind that mask? Might be some neighbor kid for all we know.
Neat what you all had for D's class.
Fun times for sure. And a date on top of it all. You scored!