Thursday, May 19, 2011

Easter 2011

To say I am behind in blogging is a bit of an understatement. My life got very crazy busy after our extreme birthday weekend. Oh wait, it's been crazy. Who am I kidding. Lately it seems like I'm treading water to stay afloat. But, at last I have been rescued from the stormy seas and I'm floating gently back to shore. So here's to an enjoyable cruise on the luxury ocean liner of my life. At least until the next big wave comes along and tosses me back into the ocean of my life.

Now onto Easter.
This year the Easter bunny decided to mix up the tradition a little for the kids. He knew that the kids's Aunt Shannon was having a huge Easter egg hunt at her house with over 300 eggs so he kept the parents in mind and knew that we wouldn't want all that candy and sugar (aka:chocolate temptation) in our house. This year the kids went on a scavenger hunt to find their Easter baskets.
There were numbered eggs hidden in different places. The kids started with the egg labeled #1. Inside was a clue leading them to a specific destination. There they would find the next numbered egg with another clue inside.

The clues led them all over the yard and inside the house. We had eggs hidden on cars, flowers, water hoses, in cupboards, candles, behind the couch, even in the freezer.
After the last clue was found the kids were led to the final stop. Here they would find their baskets filled with prizes and treats.
The clue read, "I open, I close. I come and go. Sometimes we're all together. Sometimes just a few. I'm there when you need me to get you to and fro. Your gonna need a new one of me if your family continues to grow."
"Now go find me I'm light blue in color. Open my door and see what is waiting there for you."

The kids loved their Easter adventure. Then it was off to church before they could get doped up on sugar. It was time to remind them of the real purpose for the Easter season and to focus on the Savior and His love and sacrifices for us. 

2 comments:

mom said...

What a great, fun idea. No wonder they enjoyed it.

Jen H. said...

How fun! There are tons of Christmas traditions, so it's nice to have some for Easter as well.