Kenz decided (once again) to compete in a last minute meet. I say once again, because she had decided she wasn't going to compete this season. I spoke with her coaches and we all agreed she should maybe wait to build her confidence. I supported her in her decision. I am not going to be the mother who forces her kids to do sports or any activity they don't want to do. If she didn't feel ready then so be it. This particular meet was on a Friday. She came home Wednesday after gymnastic class with a huge smile on her face begging to compete on Friday. She made her jump and her coach said, "Kenzie you are ready. I think you should compete. I'll talk to your mom." So after another talk with her coaches and with Kenz I paid for that meet only and she was able to compete.
She had a blast as usual. She doubts herself and her abilities so much then it comes down to 'show time' and she knocks it out of the park. She amazes me but, her self doubt frustrates me. What to do with this girl. Guess all I can do is love her.
Here are some pics from the meet and her scores.
Kenz took 6th place in the All-Around and beam rountine.
She got 5th place on the floor and bars.
Halle is the girl next to Kenz.
She and Kenz have been in gymnastics together since they were 4
I had to put this one in because of the face she was pulling.
Way to go Kenz. Once again I am so proud of you and all your accomplishments. Stay tuned for her next meet. April 30th!
2 comments:
None of the young ladies in that last pic look very happy. Or maybe it's just 'phew' it's over.
Kenz is really doing well. You have every reason to be proud. She should be proud of herself too.
Keep up the good work, Kenz. You are awesome. Someday I'd love to be able to watch you compete.
Good job girlie!
Post a Comment