Yeah, Dawson entertained me today as we drove in the car. He was saying stuff that kept a constant smile on my face. I really wish I could write down everything he says so I can recall it all later. I think I might just have to keep a tape recorder in the car.
Today as we headed to the doctor's office for Sawyer's 1 yr check-up (more on that later) Dawson informed that when he's older he's going to move out and live far away from me. Imagine my sadness when he told me this. But, I was quickly overjoyed when he informed me that 'far away' was going to be next door. I said, "Oh good, then I can come visit." He responded, "No you can't you won't know where I live." I said, 'well, if your next door I can find you." He then explained that next door means that he'll have to come visit me that way I won't have to leave my house.
He's always thinking of others. :)
Dawson also had a first this weekend. On Sunday he woke up, came in my room and said, "mom hold out your hand." I should have known better as he placed his tooth in it. He was so excited to have the tooth fairy come for the first time. He exclaimed, "now she can turn my tooth into a 'golden dollar'.
Xander asked me once what the tooth fairy did with all their teeth. I told him she made necklaces out of them and then sold them and that's where she got the money she puts under their pillows. I kinda also told them that if their teeth are really clean maybe she'd make more money selling her necklaces and then she could leave them more. It worked really well for a while until Dawson said once, "I think someone will want a yellow necklace so I'm not gonna brush mine for awhile." Unfortunately for him, mom is mean and I made him brush.
I am happy to report that the tooth fairy did not disappoint and Dawson's first 'gold dollar' was discovered this morning under his pillow.
One final story for today. This happened while in the doctor's office.
When I took Dawson in for his Kindergarten check-up they were out of the 2nd chicken pox booster shot. So, since I was already there for Sawyer I figured, hey let's get Dawson caught up too. When I told Dawson he was missing a shot and needed it for kindergarten, his first response was, "I don't need to go to kindergarten. I already know how to write my name." Oh son if it were only that easy! I told him he was still gonna get the shot,but it was a nice try. When the doctor came in and finished his exam of Sawyer he said, he'd send the nurse in to do the boys shots. Dawson then asks him, "Is it against the law to shoot people?" The doctor looked and him laughing and says, "yes it is." Dawson then says to him, "Then you can't give me a shot cause that's like shooting someone. And you'll go to prison."
Luckily, I've been going to this doctor since Ty and I got married and I know he has a sense of humor. He laughed and explained to Dawson that this kind of shot is to keep him healthy and it's OK to give them.
In the end Dawson walked away a little sore and with camouflage band-aid on his bum.
2 comments:
I wish far away meant next door.
Yellow necklaces-hahaha. Only Dawson.
Shots are no fun [take it from one with experience] but camo bandages make up for it. Did Sawyer get camo, too? Nice the doc has a sense of humor.
Yellow necklace.... oh, that's priceless!!! :D
Post a Comment