We give this infant a name and a blessing. And the name which he'll be known as is; Sawyer Kenneth Keith. Tyler blessed Sawyer on Sunday June 6th. The blessing was beautiful. He blessed him strength through challenging times and to turn towards his Father in Heaven for help and guidance. In the blessing Ty commented on what sweet spirit Sawyer was and how blessed our family is to have him. He is truly a blessing. I can't imagine our family without him. Heaven Father definitely knew we needed this little 'surprise' in our family. He has blessed our lives so fully in the short 2 months he's been with us. I don't think I've smiled so much in a long time. And I sure haven't acted so 'babyish' in a while. It's funny how a baby can make an adult forget words and turn their language into sound effects and ramblings. It's even better to see Tyler speak 'baby' talk. I smile just as wide when I listen to him interact with newborns.
Between you and I, Sawyer has his daddy wrapped around his little finger. He is a daddy's boy. As soon as Ty gets home from work, Sawyer looks at him with his big blue eyes and Ty's sucked right in. He'll take him and coo and smile and then Sawyer will coo back! :) I love being married to such a gentle man who is good with babies.
After the blessing, we all headed back to our house for lunch and mingling. The weather finally warmed up enough and stopped raining for a weekend and it happened to be this weekend! So we all sat outside under the shade of our tree, ate our lunches and watched the kids run around playing. Aunt Missy made Sawyer a special cake for his big day. Thanks Aunt Missy, it was beautiful and yummy.
After lunch everyone from Idaho had to leave to go back home.
Ty and I then sat back and sighed a huge sigh of relief. Our weekend was over and now we could have life return to normal. But then again, what is normal. At least back to normal for us.
Thank you to everyone that could share this wonderful day with us.
2 comments:
It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. A wonderful blessing. I am glad that so many of the family was able to share it with you. We are able to share it with you through what you tell us in your blog. Thankyou
Sawyer looks like he prefers a more casual look not a fancy blessing outfit. It's cute tho. Neat cake. Talented sister. Glad all went well. Wish we were there.
Post a Comment