Okay, seriously did this really happen to me and not the other 100 cars that pick their kids up from school.
I picked up the kids from school as usual. I was on my way home (the whole 2 blocks that it is.) When I looked in my review mirror and saw those famous red and blue flashing lights. No I was not speeding.
I had kids without their seat belts on!
How many of us pick up our carpool of kids, pile them in the car and then drop them off. How was it that I was the lucky one to get pulled over? And yes I got a ticket!
It won't go on my record and we don't have to claim it. I just have to pay a fine. And no I had no Drivers Licence with me or insurance card. I didn't grab my purse to drive 2 blocks away. Luckily he could look me up by name and birthday.
I guess February is a short month and they have to reach their quota any way they can.
So beware other moms that drive 2 minutes away to get their kids. Some cop will pull you over and give you a ticket.
What am I gonna do when the baby comes? My seatbelts are already all filled with kids. Guess I'll just leave Dawson and the baby home ALONE! HaHaHa. That is a joke. I swear!
I'm so annoyed!
Now I have to tell Tyler.
7 comments:
That stinks!
Aww, sorry sis! I totally make my kids buckle, and always take my purse. It's only a few blocks away but I'm paranoid like that.
Sorry about your luck. That man must have been sitting there watching the school for some mother with a van full of kids that didn't take time to strap them in. I believe that your van has dark windows, so he probably would not have seen them without belts just sitting there watching traffic.
Thanks for the warning, I usually just pile the kids in, and I am like you, I don't ever take my purse or buckle them, it is seriously 1/2 mile. This week they have been riding their bikes home, or we could have been caught... this morning everyone was buckled!
Hope the ticket wasn't too much. Live and learn. You would think a cop would have something better to do than hang out at the elem school looking for someone to ticket.
Just so everyone knows, Tyler was totally cool about it. Like he would get mad at me or raise his voice. He laughed about it.
That's exactly the response I thought Tyler would give.
Post a Comment