This post is kinda more for my family's benefit but it's still very amazing to look at.
I chatted with my wonder, dear grandma Bruderer last Saturday. We talked for almost an hour just laughing and reminiscing of good times and wondering what the future holds for this family we all belong to. We joked about gramps and his stubbornness. And how rude it was that he uses her Christmas present more than she gets to. It was a snow blower. :) Gramps is forbidden to shovel snow after breaking his neck. So grams gets the shovel.
As we talked I asked her what the count of family members was up to. We went through every family and added up the numbers. The numbers reflect step children, step grand-children, spouses and new babies coming soon.
It all started with 2- grams & gramps. Then the original 12 kids. (spouses included)
From them grams and gramps have
58 grandchildren
54 great-grandchildren
2 great-great-grandchildren.
For a total of 128 descendants.
We laughed, when I said, "well the Lord told us to multiply and replenish."
And grams said, "I don't think He meant for our family to do it all by ourselves." To which I replied, "The Bruderer's always have been over achievers."
All because 2 people fell in love.
5 comments:
Awesome!
Who are the great-great grandchildren? I'm drawing a blank.
Leslie is a grandma of 2 little girls.
We,ve only just begun. With 8 2/3 grand children. Dan&Jess have yet to start their family. No hurry, no worry. I'll have to talk to my cousin Donna, Uncle Ray's daughter to get an accurate count of the rest of the family.
Your Gma B is truely a great lady. It's been a priviledge to call her mom all these years. She's a great example to me and I'm sure to each of you, also.
Post a Comment