Well the Christmas break ended and school has resumed. Not only did we make it through the break but Ty has flown the coop and returned to work. Heaven smiled down upon us and he found work again. We did our time, kept up our spirits, pressed on and conquered the unemployment bug.
OK. so I was never unemployed but I did survive 7 months of having my husband home daily. Not an easy task for some. For me it wasn't so bad. I truly enjoyed having him here. He was a relief when I needed him and very helpful to have around. I think the reason we made it together for so long is both of our very laid back personalities.
I had several people tell me what they think was best for our situation. And several people tell me what I needed to do about my husband being home and to put my foot down, be tougher, tell him what he needs to be doing. I even had someone go so far as to say the unemployment was stressing our relationship. And they didn't want to see us get divorced. To these people I appreciate your opinion but, I didn't take it. And to the last person, the growing bump I am now sporting just shows that our marriage is solid and stress free!!!
Ty and I have this un-spoken communication and it works for us. We don't raise voices toward each other or even disagree that often. So 7 months with him around wasn't bad. If it wasn't for that crazy thing called money, I'd keep him around longer.
So yes, we survived many things this past year and look forward to 2010. We look forward to the arrival of this new little baby that will soon join our family and to many great things that await us.
Before I end this post, I want to thank all those that stepped up and helped us through this tough time. You know who you are. And please know that you were answers to many prayers. And your kindness and generosity blessed our family more than you'll ever know. Thank you to all for the encouraging words and phone calls and love. We felt your prayers and knew we weren't alone. We are truly blessed to have family, friends, and neighbors like you.
6 comments:
Yay for employment! I'm so happy for you both! You guys are amazing. You did bear it with grace. You guys are great. I hope the new job treats you all VERY well. You deserve it.
Ditto to what Matt and Liz said.
Relationships are funny things. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, if it's working for both of you, then it's working. And in this day and age you're lucky to be able to hold it together, especially through such a long trial. You guys deserve the best!
I am glad that my sons are back to work. I know that one of these days I am going to have to go back to work. I am hoping for a call back to the steel mill. If that doesn't happen then I just have to find a job, but until then, I am loving it being at home.
Even I've gotten used to having him home. Don't know what I'd have done without him since I broke my leg. Hopefully, he'll be home till I can manage by myself-that day has got to be coming. [him working-me independent].
I'm so glad Ty is working again. Your laid back attitudes is one thing that attracted you to each other in the first place. I never doubted your relationship, I'm surprised some did. You've conquered other difficulties, why would this be any different? Even if you didn't handle it the way someone else thought you should you did what you thought was right and it's no one else's business. Now you'll adjust together to this new phase in your life [baby, too] and do what you have to do.
If it works for you, do it. Glad our prayers in your behalf have been answered. Your bro, too. One of these days we'll be able to erase the 'boat' on the board completely.
Congrats on the new job Tyler! You guys seem to have such a wonderful relationship that it's no wonder things worked out the way they did! Anyone who worries about your relationship does not see what I see!
Congrats to both of you for trusting and treking, hangin in and hangin loose, praying and proceeding, loving and living, parenting proudly and even expanding the parenting opportunity for the future. Love, prayers, faith, trust, work and laid back personalities bring ongoing happiness ... love ya'll TONS!!!
Post a Comment