Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lesson Learned (the hard way)

So Xander and his Uncle Dan were playing with a plastic fireman's ax on Friday. Uncle Dan pretended to shave Xander's head with it, and Xander pretended to shave Dan's face (since he hadn't shaved in three weeks).
Later that night I sent the boys up to get ready for bed. Dawson came down complaining that Xander wouldn't let him in the bathroom, and he had to go! I asked Xan what he was doing on, but he wouldn't answer. A minute later he comes down the stairs crying and screaming that his finger is bleeding. Correction, it was gushing blood. As Tyler and I tended to him, we noticed a patch of scalp on the side of his head...also bleeding. Uncle Dan went upstairs and found Aunt Jess' razor laying in the tub with a chunk of skin and hair in it. It turns out he sliced a chunk of skin off the tip of his finger as he tried to get the hair out of the razor.
After quite a while and a lot of blood loss, we got him taken care of!
Of the situation, Xander said, "I learned a lesson the hard way, huh?"



4 comments:

Dad said...

The kids can think of some pretty crazy things. Just a little suggestion from someone or something else can cause some very interestion results. Watch what you say or do. Little minds can sure come out with an unusual outcome.

chris w said...

That makes me cringe just reading about it. We had a small razor incident a while ago and it really only takes once and they learn for good!

I love his quote about it. So great.

mom said...

Wow- could have been worse I guess. Poor Jess, too. Lessons learned the hard way are often the ones that stay with us the longest. Hope it heals quick.
Nother boy, huh.

becky said...

Sounds like you have had some exciting times. Are you ready for a new one to add to the mix? Hey I have a Ute vs Georgia and a Georgia vs Alabama meets on my dvr if Kenz wants to see them let me know and I will save them.