So Tyler and I have reached our 10 yr anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long. Sometimes it feels like forever and other times he does something that makes me fall in love with him all over again.
Tyler surprised me with a night out. He basically said,"don't make any plans for Friday." Alright, no plans were made by me. He arranged for a babysitter and told me to be ready by 5. He didn't give me any other details or hints or clues. Because he knows me so well, he knew this would drive me crazy. It's like putting a wrapped present in front of me and telling me don't open it.
Friday finally came so I asked a few questions about our destination. What do I need to wear? This is one a girl always needs to know. How late are we going to be? Do I need to feed the kids first? What are we doing? He answered all the questions but the last.
As we were driving along, the traffic started getting heavy and slowing down alot! Ty said, "I don't think we should stop and eat somewhere or we'll be late." Oh, and what are we going to be late for? No answer, just his mischievous smile and dimpled cheeks. That's all I got for quite awhile. Then as we got closer, he said I could guess if I hadn't figured it out already. It turns out all those cars and trucks were heading to the same destination we were.
Tyler had managed to get us tickets to the George Strait concert. How??? Heaven only knows. I was in complete shock. Tyler and country do not belong in the same sentence unless dislikes is between them. He truly thought of me on this one. I have loved King George since I was 14ish. I swore I'd marry him some day. And let me tell you, he is just as handsome now as he was back then. Our seats were awesome. We were about 14 rows from the stage. I could see the whiteness of his crooked, country smile. And the sweat on his aged, rugged, forehead. Oh heaven! And he delivered a rockin' concert. Ty even enjoyed it.
One of the funniest is parts were all the drunk cowboys around us and watching their confidence grow on "liquid courage". There were some brothers (literal not racial) behind us and they thought they were a gift from above to girls. The more beer the louder they got and more confident. Soon they had some girl by there seats and she knocked over a huge cup a beer. These suckers (beer not boys) cost $9.00. It dumped all over the ground. Wait, I take that back. It dumped all over my feet! It tipped and ran under my seat all over my flip flopped feet. My toes were soaked. They had no clue it happened until I said, "hey your beer just spilled all over my feet." The guy looked down and said to the girl, look what you did, then round 2. She knocked over his other one. I was now wearing $18.00 worth of beer on feet.
She left and the guy kept apologizing about it. I said, "it's OK. I can ring my pant legs and flip flops out into your cup if you want some back." Tyler just started laughing. He couldn't believe I said that. But anyone who knows me, can!
Later that evening he came back with 2 more beers and I turned around and said,"Ya gonna hold onto those a little better?" He started laughing. Good, I didn't want to push my luck with a drunk cowboy!
Ty and I had a great night. It will be a memory that will last forever.
This is where I could get all mushy and tell everyone how thankful I am to be married to such a wonderful man. And that I'm glad he's my best friend and thank him for all he does for me and his family. But, you don't want to hear all that. And I know he knows it.
So thank you Tyler for loving me and for putting up with me for the past 10 years.
I love you.
8 comments:
Congrats! On the anniversary, not the beer!
Congratulations Keri and Tyler! I keep waiting for the day that Justin surprises me with a date night and actually arranged a babysitter!! I truly don't think it will ever happen unless I tell him to!
Congrats! What a fun surprise, the concert, not the beer on the feet. :)
Awesome! Love the beer story!
i don't like country either but what a great time and story.
Congrats on the $18 beer feet.
Congratulations! Ten years, wow! That will be Matt and I next year. I hope he doesn't take me to a George Strait Concert. :) I'm glad you had a rock'in good time!
Awww ... great li'l love story ... xoxo
Post a Comment