Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wicked Good Time.

Last night Tyler and I went to "Wicked". Ty had bought me tickets for Christmas and I finally got to use them. So worth the wait!!! We started are date with dinner at Olive Garden. Yummy! What else can I say about that. Then we headed to SL. for the show. The show itself was soooo good. That's an understatement. It rocked. I like it better than Les Mis and Phantom AND Miss Saigon.
I laughed out loud,quiet hard at times and sat on the edge of my seat in awe with these characters and the music and effects. It was a wonderful production.
For those who don't know what it's about, here is a brief blurp. It basically starts where "Wizard of Oz" ends with all the people of Oz turning to 'Glinda the good' to confirm that the 'Wicked Witch' was dead. And then they ask her were you guys friends? And the musical picks up from there. We find out why she was green, what her schooling was like, what made her wicked, and that she and Glinda were best-friends. It was full of twists and turns and parts that made ya sit back and go "huh, that makes sense." And parts that made you cheer and love the "Wicked" witch.
It was full of humor and one-liners that could give the sassiest person a run for the money. The music-wonderful, the songs-memorable and sing along worthy. The cast-perfectly cast. Glinda by far my fav! And the costumes- I'm gonna get a"Glinda" dress and crown. And float around on a bubble. Cause what girl wouldn't want to do that?!
Thanks Ty for the wonderful Christmas present and I look forward to next years, "Lion King"

8 comments:

Dad said...

The production sounds great. I am glad that you guys had a good date night. What on earth did you do with the kids, and was everything ok in the house when you got home? I'll bet you hid all of the sissors before you left. I'm such a cut up. (moan) Love ya all

Brittany said...

Hey me and Cody went to Wicked last night too. I've had the cd for almost 2 years and loved the music. I loved the show and thought it was AMAZING!! Too bad we didn't see you guys there. Glad you had fun.

Missy said...

Tell Ty to have a talk with Curtis. I would LOVE to see Wicked, I will take Lion King next year too. I think it is fair, supercross for him, show for me.

Kate said...

I'd love to see it too. Glad you guys have fun!

mom said...

Next year let Curtis bsit and Mel can go with you guys. I heard the play was great. Can't say the same for the book. It's one of the few I started to read and was so disgusted with it I returned it to the library unread.
Glad you guys enjoyed your date nite.

becky said...

hey that sounded so fun.

Keri said...

Britt, we'll all have to plan for Lion King. We have a friend that wants us to go to Avenue Q. too. So that might be in the future for us also.

Becky said...

I'm glad you had a fun time. It sounds like a good show! I was a little wary of seeing that show because I heard the book was a little trashy, but it sounds like they left the trashy stuff out of the musical. I'll have to catch it the next time it comes to town!