OK so here is a quick post to update some of you on our resent activities. The first doc appt. was for Dawson. I picked him up from my friend Jayanne's house after she called me and said he was having a break down because I left him after a pres.mtg. When I got there he started screaming and saying his ear hurt. I looked in it and all I could see was some sand from their sandbox. So I told him I would clean it when we got home. Once I attempted to stick a q-tip in there he lost it. He was screaming and pulling his ear and pressing against it. OK. this is not normal. So I called the doc. and they were able to get him right in. So Jayanne kept Xander for me and Kenzie, Dawson and I zipped into the doc. I had given him some Children's Tylenol before we left and by the time we got to the doc. Dawson was running around like a new kid. I told the doc. there better be something wrong with him since I came all the way down here.
Doctor Hafen took one look in his ear and said yep, there's something nasty going on in there. What he said next came to a surprise to me. As he was typing the info into his computer he said, "wow, he's a healthy kid." "He hasn't been in to see me for exactly 2 years." Really! I guess Dawson was allowed to have an ear infection if he hasn't been sick in 2 years.
Our next visit was for Xander. Not because he had an ear infection or a yucky cough. But, because he had a bead stuck up his nose. Why Xander? We tried forcefully blowing it out. We tried pressure flushing it with water. Tyler even tried grabbing it with tweezers. No luck, so off to the doctor we went.
The nurse that takes us into room and starts putting stuff into computer knew why we were there and she says to Xander, (while trying to keep her composure)"So Xander, what did you do today?" He said, I played with my toys, and watched cartoons. And played Transformers. She said, but why are you here to see me? He looked at her and smiled and then said, oh yeah I stuck a bead up nose. She lost it right then. She laughed and laughed. I laughed. Xander laughed. And she said is it far up there? He said, yeah. She said, is it clear up to China? Xander said, No it's up my nose.
She thanked Xander for making her day and for making her laugh so hard tears came out of her eyes. Then she left the room and I could hear her and the other nurse laughing in the hall. It really was that entertaining.
The doctor then came in and carefully stuck a long metal thing into Xander's nose and scooped the bead out. After it was removed Xander said, "that feels much better"
I jokingly asked Xander if he wanted to keep it so he could give it back to Kenzie so she could fix her necklace. He almost did.
Our third visit was for my other boy. Tyler woke up with a nasty cough and a head ache. And he had chills all over his body and was dizzy. So he made an appt. and off he went to doc. A few meds later and now he's all better.
I still can't believe we saw our doc 3 times with-in a week and before that, we hadn't been in, in over a year. and for Dawson it had been 2. Craziness. And not to mention 3 co-pays. Ouch!
8 comments:
Hello Princess. I know about having multiple trips to the doctors' offices. With Mom's appointments and Gavin's I have been able to play chauffeur for them. Today I'm going over to David's and Patricia's to watch Gavin while Patricia is at her follow-up appointment. Nothint as exciting a bead up the nose. I remember an little Angel with a similar experience. Remember these days with fondness. Love you all. see you soon.
Isn't this the same kid who said "Mom, if I put a googely-eye in my ear, do you think it would get stuck?" And sure enough, it would! I imagine that eventually he'll be able to reason and stop sticking things into his orifices!
I hope you are all feeling better. Hopefully the yucky sick season is about over but I don't think that will help the bead situation.
Thanks for finally blogging again. I was getting tired of opening it and having nothing new at the Keith's. Think of all the co-pays you saved over the 2 years even if you had 3 in a week. Glad you guys are usually healthy-I think I'd make Xander pay you back for the bead visit. Take it out of his 1st paycheck when he gets a job. Think you can remember it for another 10 yrs? Now if Ty would just quit getting kidney stones...
Way too much drama for a one week time! Sounds familiar though, when it rains it pours.
Zoinks! Sounds like an awesome week! I guess on the bright side, at least it wasn't one trip per person. I think five trips would have pushed you over the edge, huh? We miss you guys. Maybe one of these years I'll have some vacation and we'll have some extra cash so we can come out and see our fam in the western portion of the country. Until then, no more objects up noses (except for fingers, of course)!
Dan, it was Kenzie that got the googly eye in her ear. That was in kindergarten. Xander has stuck other bee-bees in his nose though. I was able to get those out. He's a boy! what can say He was made with holes and he wants to see what else go in them.
Your brothers were boys too and never stuck things in inappropriate places-one of your sisters on the other hand... So don't blame it on being a boy- it's just Xander and his curiousity. Good luck.
Post a Comment