Monday, May 26, 2008

My Ears Can Hear.

Yet another unbelievable thought from Xander. We were driving in the car and Xander was talking away asking questions that no other child has ever asked me such as; "why are our hearts pink?" "do our brains really think?" "When I get smarter does my brain get bigger?" "How would my brain still fit in my head when I'm so smart?" I love the questions he comes up with. His thoughts just bewilder me as I try to comprehend where he comes up with stuff.
In the middle of all his questions he says,"Hey my yawn just made my ears work better." "That's really cool." I know it's pretty obvious what he means by this, but to put it so innocently and to be so completely astounded at the thought of having your ears pop was hilarious to me. Then, without skipping a beat, he went back to asking me questions about random things.
Let me share just a few more thoughts from Xander that he said this week.
His pre-school ended this week. As many moms do, I dreaded it because that means summer time is here and now I have to hear, "we're bored," "What can I do?" "He or she is touching me." "Mom!!" Oh the joys to come. We had wanted to keep Xander in school all summer because the pre-school offers a kindergarten readiness class. I was really hoping to keep him in it for selfish reasons too. But, after going over finances we realized that that was an expensive reason. So he will be home all summer with us. On the last day of class we were heading home and Xander said to me, "I don't have to go to school any more." "Won't it to be great mom, we can be home all day together playing." "And I can go on walks with you and we can have so much fun." He's right ya know. It will be great to have him home with me. And we will play all day. It made me wonder if he could read my mind and knew what I secretly had wanted.
Here's one that mom's will like. And Uncles! And all those reading! Xander was playing outside and was so distracted by his play time he ofcourse wet his pants. We've had this problem several times with him. It gets really old really quick! I said to Xander "Why did you wet your pants?" "Why didn't you come in and use the potty?" To which he replied, "I didn't know I had to go." "I didn't know there was any pee in my private." "I guess my private forgot to tell me there was pee in it." Sorry mom. "Next time my private better tell me there's pee in it or I might wet my pants again." How can a 5yr old blame wetting his pants on his private? What do I do with this child!!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

The inner workings of a child's mind are hilarious! Alekisio's been peeing around the house when he doesn't feel like pausing the movie he's watching. Grrrrr.....I understand your frustration.

mom said...

What do you do with him-love him. He probably will have it all figured out by the time he goes on his mission so it will all be a distant memory!

Keri said...

If he doesn't mom, can I send him to you?