Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Kenzie Made Team!!

Is everyone ready for this. My little 7 year old has moved up in rank in her gymnastics. She is now on the level 4 girls team. That means she will soon be moving on to bigger and better things---COMPETITION!! Can you believe it. She had to pass off several skills before passing the try outs. The skills were, splits, round offs, cartwheels, back bend kick over, handstand into roll, arch up, and back flips. The girls had to do a balance beam routine and a routine on the uneven bars. And then 2 different jumps off the spring board. It was so amazing to watch my little girl do all these different moves and jumps and flips. I remember when she first started and use to get stuck folded in half when she tried to do a backward roll. Her little butt would get stuck in the air and she couldn't get over. Boy she has come a long way.
When she finished her tryout, she received her transfer paper moving her from hotshot level to level 4 team. She came running out of the gym grinning from ear to ear. Then she squealed in delight and screamed, "I made level 4." "I did it." She was so proud of herself. She said, "finally all that hard work and I did it." 4 years ago she said she wanted to do gymnastics at the Olympics and now she's one step closer. (we are now accepting donations so we can afford this girl and her dream)
Not only was she proud, but her mom was beaming with pride too. To see the look on her face and how proud she was of herself made all those drives, twice a week, for an hour long class worth it. And now she'll go 2x a week for 2hrs. And she'll go at 7:45 in the morning. Remind me later that this will be worth it!
As for now we will just keep pluggin' away and Kenzie will continue to jump and flip off my couches and stand on her head.
Just so you all know she has a performance on Monday the 19th at 6:00.
Good Luck Kenzie!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Way to go chica! Let her know Flat Stanley will be attending a father son campout this weekend and then Calin's b-day party. :)

Missy said...

Tell Kenzie I say Congrats. That is awesome. You will have to get her performance on video and post it for us.

Keri said...

Good idea Miss. Thanks Kate for helping out on her class project. You two are awesome sisters. I'm a lucky girl.

mom said...

If Kate sends you the pics David took with Flat Stanley you may not want to show those at school.
I remember visiting with you Kenzie's first summer in gymnastic's and how frustrated she was with trying to learn the 'frog' position. Remember? Then she finally got it and realized somethings just take a little practice. Here she is 4 yrs later and still going strong. Hurray! I'm proud of her too. How old do they have to be to tryout for the Olympics? Better start saving your pennies. Or make that nickels.
Good luck with getting her up to go by 7:15 to make 7:45 classes. I don't envy you.