I had a wonderful Mother's Day last weekend. Tyler got me a breakfast with a muffin, yogurt, juice, and 2 huge chocolate covered strawberries. The kids wanted me to share them. However I was greedy and ate them myself. How often does a mom get to indulge herself in a nice juicy chocolate covered strawberry. UMMM. And he got me a pink tee-shirt that says "Supermom" across it.
Kenzie made me flowers in school. They are made out of foam and she decorated them with puffy paint, attached craft sticks to them and planted them in a cup of dirt with real grass and seeds. Very cute.
And sweet Xander made me a bead necklace in pre-school. On Sunday morning when I came down stairs all dressed for church, he looked up at me and said, "Mom you look so pretty." "HEY!" "Your wearing my necklace." Of course I wore his necklace. He was beaming with pride. It was awesome! Then he made bend down so he could show me the best bead on it. And there it was. The best skeleton skull bead ever. I wore my skull proud!!
And last but not least, Dawson colored me a picture and in nursery he made me a necklace out of noodles. I didn't wear his necklace because he refused to take it off. That's what happens when they're 2 and make something. They want to keep it. It now hangs on a magnet on the fridge.
After church as you may know we do our Family Home Evenings on Sunday's because of gymnastic schedule on Monday. Kenzie decided to do the lesson on Mother's. She asked questions to Xander about why do we celebrate Mother's Day? He answered and then she asked, why do we celebrate our mom? Xander answered because we love her. Kenzie then said, that's right. And mom does a lot for us. She cooks and cleans and is always doing stuff for us. And even though sometimes she's tired, she still does stuff. Like when mom has to take care of a new baby and is up all night, and then she has to take care of Dawson and then us. She just does it. At that point, Tyler and I looked at each other and started laughing. Tyler said, Kenzie are you hinting at something? Or is it wishful thinking? Who knows were she came up that part of the lesson. After her lesson we all colored pictures of things mom does. Then it was stapled together for a book for me. What a great lesson Kenzie!
It was a wonderful day with my family and that's what made it so special.
4 comments:
Someday I'll be as good of a mom as you are!
Your kids are adorable! Let us know how the whole baby thing turns out. Too funny.
They say the veil is thinner for children. Maybe her 'sister' is whispering to her.
Maybe her sister should tell her to be extra good so her dad might even consider it.
Post a Comment