Saturday, September 7, 2013

Brothers.

I should have blogged this earlier, but sometimes my life gets a little crazy and I forget stuff.
I hope it happens to everybody and I'm not alone in this.

I am so glad I happen to take my camera with me when I walked home from school with my boys on their first day. If I hadn't I would have missed this perfect tender moment between Dawson and Sawyer.


There is a dirt hill that all the kids love to go over on the way to school and on the way home.
Sawyer finally had the opportunity to climb the hill. Last year, he was always stuck in the stroller.
The hill was just a little too steep and rocky for his little legs.
This day was Sawyer's day to conquer the hill.
He was struggling to navigate through the sagebrush and rocks. When Dawson saw him falling behind. Literally at some points, he went back to help his little brother.  
This is what I then caught with my camera.

Helping guide his brother.

Showing him where to step on the way down the hill.

Hand and hand till they reached the bottom.

It's little moments like this that make me so proud to be their mom. Dawson is such an aware little man. He sees a need and without any instruction or persuading he will be there to help others. He is very kind-hearted and loving. I wish I could have recorded his voice as the boys were climbing the hill. He loving talked to Sawyer as he told him where to step. He repeatedly told Sawyer, "just keep holding my hand and I'll help you through."
He is so Christ-like at times I can't help but reflect on my life and my relationship with my Savior.
I know He is there for me through all my trials. He takes my hand and leads me and tells me, "Just keep holding on and I'll help you through."
I truly see the unconditional love of Big Brothers.

3 comments:

mom said...

I had the same thoughts as you as I thought about the Savior doing the same for us. We just need to take His hand.
What a tender heart Dawson has. Glad you have recognized it and are rejoicing in it. He might be loud at times but what a special boy he is to be able to hear another's need and fill it. Kinda like his mom.

mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

So sweet!