Sunday, June 16, 2013

Tyler and Goliath

We all know that Goliath was slain by David armed only with a sling and a rock. Recently he was brought back and slain by 250 Achievement Day girls. Their ages ranged from 8-11. These brave young ladies were armed only with a couple flour bombs. (knee highs filled with flour) Once again Goliath was defeated.
As part of our Stake Activity Days day camp the girls participated in several activities featuring Bible heros. The girls went to different stations such as;
Rebecca at the well= water games.
Samuel the Lamanite= archery.
Esther= jewelry making.
Captain Moroni= (Title of Liberty) cloth bookmarks.
Brother of Jared= painted rocks with glow in the dark paint
David and Goliath= flour bombs.

As you can guess our ward was in charge of the Goliath station. The big question was, where were we going to get a Goliath? That's where Tyler comes into play.
I got an empty refrigerator box and asked Ty to draw me a huge Goliath. It might seem like a daunting task, but to Tyler it was only a couple hour job.

I had a Stake YW. Girls Camp meeting.
When I left, Tyler had just started sketching Goliath.


When I came home, 2 hrs later.
This is what he had done.
(minus the coloring)
I colored him in when I got home.

Are you impressed yet!

I had Sawyer lay down next to Goliath to get an idea of how huge he is.
Goliath is 80 inches tall!


At the activity, the girls had a blast throwing the flour bombs at Goliath.




Thank you Tyler for sharing your amazing talent with all of us.

1 comment:

mom said...

What a neat idea for an activity for the girls. Tyler wouldn't be Ty if not creative in drawing. He did a fantastic job with Goliath. Good thinking for using a fridge box.