I'm not gonna lie, that was a scary thought.
Well, during our discussion Dawson pipes in with his own thought.
He says, "mom, I don't think I'm going to go on a mission." I looked at him and asked, "why wouldn't you go." He ponders for a minute and then says, "I think I'm more the marrying type."
REALLY!
More the marrying type! I had to ask the next logical question,
"Who are you marrying?"
He pauses for all of 2 seconds before he says, "Avery. Cause she loves me."
I am 100% all for him marrying Avery. Cause my awesome, wonderful friend Jen Hanna would be his mother-in-law. Yippee for him!
But, I then had to point out that maybe he should serve a mission and when he gets home Avery will graduate from high school and then they can get married.
After some intense thought he concurred, that this would be a good idea.
Hey Jen, I guess we have about 13 years to plan Dawson and Avery's wedding.
2 comments:
Feel like you're getting old Keri? It'll happen sooner than you think.
As for Dawson that boy never eases to amaze me with his comments. He is a riot. Glad you approve of his choice of a wife and he approved of your logic to serve first marry later. Lets let Avery at least get out of HS before rushing into marriage even if she does love him. With this new mission age do you realize how soon you could be a Gma? Home at 20, married and a dad at 21. Scary thought. Esp since you have 2 older than him.
Haha! That kid cracks me up!
Post a Comment