Thursday, January 10, 2013

Christmas 2012

Our Christmas was wonderful. The kids got all that they wanted and more than they needed. I've discovered the best part of having older kids, they let you sleep in a little. My boys woke up at 7. Not bad, right. Well, I told them to go back in their room till 8. And they did! I'll take an 8:00 Christmas morning. It sure beats 5 or 6.

Our Christmas tree and stockings after Santa came.


The kids anxiously waiting to come down.

We had a little family gift exchange. We all drew names and picked out the perfect gift for person.

Dawson got Sawyer a 'Cars' race track. Xander got Dawson a remote control car.


Kenzie got Xander Legos.  I got Kenzie a mini cupcake maker.

I'm missing pictures of mine and Ty's gifts.
Sawyer got Tyler The new Batman movie and his favorite chocolates. Ty got me a new bag for my laptop.



Sawyer didn't need any other gifts once he opened 'Bucky' from Jake and the Neverland Pirates.
He had to have Bucky completely out of it's package. Then while all the other kids opened gifts, he just played and played. 
He sat and played with Bucky for about 20 mins before he realized he more presents to open.


This is the excitement on the boys faces when they opened their new 'Skylanders' video game.

Kenzie couldn't believe I got her an ice pack.
Oh but, she's used it several times since.

More excitement when they opened the other part of 
'Skylanders'.

Boy and their toys.

Mackenzie got a 'Nook' for all her books she wanted.
She also got a Ukulele and a bamboo plant for Christmas.
In addition to tons of clothes.
Is she a preteen or what!


Sawyer finally opened another gift.


I leave you with a final picture from our Christmas morning. 

Dawson and his newest elephant addition.

Merry Christmas!





2 comments:

mom said...

Love it! Your fam is growing up too quickly. Gotta see them again one of these years.

mom said...

Another thought and a comment. Your kids on the steps sure brings back memories of you guys waiting for dad to turn on the tree and Christmas music so you could come down. So impatient you always were.
I've always wondered if you still had that snowman I gave you a hundred years ago when I put mine out each year. Nice to see he still has a home.