Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Little Handy Man.

We've lived in our home for almost 12 yrs now. Which means I've been bugging Tyler for 11 years for shelves in my cold storage room. I finally got the shelves I've asked for. Honestly, I think he did it because I told him I was going to go to Home Depot and buy some wood for shelves. He snickered a little and said, "your gonna build shelves." I replied, "no, I'm gonna get some wood, and set it on the white food storage buckets and call it good."
That was my honest plan for shelves. Cheap, easy, and it works. Well, I should have known this would lead to a big ol' project. That Ty took on himself.
He decided to build some shelves for me to stack totes on. Well, he got a set done. They were beautiful. And very well built. Which left me with another request. More shelves! And Ty complied. He built shelves around the entire cold storage room with the exception of a spot for a freezer. I am a happy woman. They're already filled but, they look so dang good.
Next he's going to make some for the garage. I might only have to ask for 10 years for these. hahaha.




 This is all the stuff that was in the cold storage when we started.
My handy man.


And they're done!
Please notice the pic on the rt.
Yes, the shelves are resting on white food storage buckets.
Yep, that was me. And honestly, that's all I really wanted.

The space under the top shelf on the left of the pic
 is where the fridge/freezer will go.
Someday!

Ty did such a good job.
I am so happy with my shelves and all the hard work he put into them.

2 comments:

mom said...

What a great job! They look really terrific. Good job on the storage, too. It sure will be easier to send the kids to get something. Also keeping track of what you have and expiration dates. Dan and Kate have got me checking those more closely. Sometimes I've had to sneak stuff in the garbage cause dad doesn't believe in expiration dates. You know him-he'd eat it even if it was green and wasn't supposed to be.

Kate said...

They look great!