Friday, October 30, 2009

What not to say to the Bishop.

Here is a true story that happened last night. It is all true and can be confirmed if you have enough guts to ask the bishop. Or just take my word for it because I'm the one that said it.

The bishop pulls up next to me while I'm out delivering things for our ward Halloween Party. He asks me if I have stuff for his wife because she's leaving. I give him a bad of taco soup ingredients and think we're good.
He then asks if I'm dressing up for the party. I tell him no I don't have anything. He pauses and said, well if I'm dressing up you should too. I said, OK I'll dress up as the bishop. Or better yet I'll be the RS. Pres. He laughed, and said, well I have a costume and let me tell you, Jana (his wife)thinks the bishop looks pretty hot! And then he laughs at his own joke.
Without missing a beat I say, "Ahh the bishop's getting lucky tonight."
He just starts laughing and I think I turned as red as he did.
I got back in my car where Tyler and the kids were waiting and told Ty what I had just said to bishop. He looked at me and starts laughing. He said, "Well, guess the bishop knows the real you." Hey, I'm just keeping it real.
Truthfully it was hilarious.

5 comments:

Dad said...

So did the bishop remind you about your temple recommend? just kidding. Glad that you found where you hid your blog and that could still open it to up date it.

mom said...

That's hilarious. I'd loved to have seen his face. How old is he? Good thing he knows your sense of humor enough to probably think-only Keri would say something like that to the Bishop.

Dave said...

By making the comment about the R.S. president costume, you may have just roped yourself into a calling!!! Then the bishop will have the last laugh (unless, of course, he DID get lucky that night, then he'll get the last laugh TWICE!).

As for your lack of blogging, at least your not the worst of the sibs at keeping up with their family blog. That illustrious honor goes to.....DAN! Just kidding, Danno. I am the not-so-proud holder of that title.

SisKeith said...

LOL, thanks for sharing "Keri Keith" P.S. I need that picture of Xander it is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Heck I need pictures of all of them to add to my wall. You know the brag wall. So I cans show the world how cute my nieces and nephews are.

Kate said...

Nice!