Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm Married Again!!

Yes it's true no matter how hard Tyler tries he's not getting out of this marriage that easy. I'm kiddin' Tyler has never wanted or tried to leave. However, we have received our miracle and my ring has been restored to it's rightful place upon my finger.
On Friday, I came home from my morning walk and the house was stuffy and just needed aired out before the heat of the day started. So I opened windows and went about my routine. Got Kenzie up and off to school. Then Tyler left. Got Xander and Dawson up. Got Xander ready for school and the boys breakfast. Walked Xander to school. Came home and played with Dawson. Then walked back to the school to pick Xander up. When I got back home at about 12:30, the house was heating up and the air kicked on. So I preceded to close the windows. I got the upstairs closed, came downstairs and did the kitchen windows then moved onto the living room. For those who have been to my house know I have a couch in front of my front windows. I couldn't get the blinds lowered at the angle I was at, even though that's how I always close them. So I scooted the couch away from the window and as I pulled the windows down something caught my eye.
Yes, sitting on the window ledge under where the bottom of the blinds hit the ledge sat my ring. Had I not moved the couch and just leaned over it to close the windows and blinds, I would have never found it. But, for some reason the blinds just wouldn't budge and so I had to move the couch.
Pure joy was the instant feeling followed by great relief. It was almost 2 weeks to the day. I called Tyler and told him the great news. And he was so happy. Then he said, "See, I told it was in the house." OK. he was right. However, I know I didn't take my ring off and put it behind the couch under the blinds. OH'Dawson what will I ever do with you.
A few jokes were made after it was found. Tyler said, Honey, if you really wanted a new ring you didn't have to "loose" the first one. I said, well I decided that since you weren't getting me a new one right away I might as well just put the old one back on. Then, I said to him well, the one good thing that came out of this is that it made you finally fix our bathroom sink. Ha Ha. That was my plan all along!

5 comments:

Dan said...

Yay for you!

becky said...

Yeah for finding your ring.

mom said...

I'm glad you found it too. I'm sure it's one 'burden' off your mind. At least Dawson is off the hook for taking it in the first place. Gotta luv 'im.

Kate said...

Muwahahahaha, glad to see your powers of manipulation are fully intact! Woohoo for the long lost ring!

Genevre said...

Keri- I found you blog, hope that is okay to read...I am so glad you found it, the creepy thing is that it was just inches away from me when I sat on that couch to hear it had been lost forever. Glad you found it!