I know I've been MIA lately.
That happens in the month of October.
Here's a little something to satisfy your inquires until I get a chance to do some serious blogging.
These are a couple random things my kids have said that I want to keep a record of.
At breakfast today Xander was making waffles. A crumb had stuck to the inside of the toaster and was burning. As a result, the kitchen had a burn smell to it for a little bit. Dawson comes downstairs and asks what the smell is. I explained what happened to the crumb and thus resulting in the smell.
He then informs me not to use the 'other side' of the toaster cause it gets food too hot and burns it.
I simply stated, "Well, just turn the heat setting down on that side."
His response just about blew mind. He says to me, "There's an app for that?"
The other morning I was getting ready and Sawyer came in my room. I looked at him and said, "You are so cute and handsome. How did you get that way?"
His response melted my heart. He simply looks up at me and says, "Because you're so beautiful."
I am currently in the process and potty training Sawyer. Before the farm he was doing very well. But with the craziness of my October schedule, potty training took a back seat. Now that farm season is over, it's on! Full force.
Today as Sawyer was sitting on the potty we were discussing all the people, big and small that use the potty. When I told him his cousin Eli uses the big potty, Sawyer says, "Wow, I didn't know he could do that. That's pretty cool of him."
Yes son, using the big potty is cool!
I am currently experiencing life with an almost teen-ager. Having Mackenzie in junior high is bringing back so many memories. She comes out often and tells me about the events of the day. I love the fact we have a very open relationship and she shares everything with me.
On one particular occasion she comes home and tells me all about some boys in her math class. I can't remember names so I just nick name them something that corresponds with her story. One boy in particular just stares at her. He's called, 'looks but can't touch or talk.' Another boy, nicknamed, 'I talk with my hands' asked her to "go out with him." He asked her by using sign language. Get his nickname now!!!!
At lunch a boy came up to her and asked her if she would give him a hug. Her response, "No, I don't know you and I don't hug strangers." His nick name is 'Huggies' cause he probably peed himself from embarrassment.
The other day Kenz comes home from school and says, "Why is it in 6th grade boys don't even know girls exist? Then they go into 7th grade and all of sudden boys are like, 'oh you're so hot. Do you want to go out with me?' Really, what changed so much in a year?"
My response to her was a simple one. I simply said, "Hormones."
She laughed and said, "Well I'm a gymnast and don't have time for silly boys. Plus, do they not realize I'm only 12! Hello, boys! I can't date you anyway!"
That's my girl!
Can I just add that I absolutely love being the mother of these wonderful children.
3 comments:
Fun stories, fun kids!
Sawyer is right. He does have a beautiful mom who is raising great kids!
Hope the potty training goes quickly. Won't it be nice to not buy diapers any more?
Kenz is as wise as her mom.
Another thing that changes in that year: boobs. Sorry, but you know it is true.
Post a Comment