I like my birthdays, every one; Each brings a greater joy to me. But I can't until I'm eight, For then I'll be baptised, you'll see.
To be baptised as Jesus was. By one who holds the priesthood true. And thus obey God's holy laws. Is just the thing I want to do.
When hands are laid upon my head, Then I'll receive the Holy Ghost. And, if I listen carefully, I'll have the blessing I need most.
He did admit the day of his baptism that he was a little nervous. The whole week before his baptism Xander kept asking if certain actions he was doing were stuff he could still do if he was baptised. It was really cute. I tried to explain to him that the things he chose to do now should be choices he would make when he was baptised.
I am so proud of him and the decision he's made. As a parent it's my greatest desire to see him grow and mature into an amazing young man. I hope he'll continue to make Christ-like decisions and to always Choose The Right.
When Jesus Christ was baptised, Down in the River Jordan, Three members of the Godhead, Were present there in love. The Father spoke from Heaven, when Jesus Christ was baptised; The Holy Ghost descended as gently as a dove.
And now when I am baptised, I'll follow his example, Be baptised by sacred priesthood power. Then I will be a member of Heavenly Father's kingdom and have the Holy Spirit to guide me every hour.
1 comment:
I'm proud of him, too. Wish we could have been there but glad we could Skype afterwards. Love the happy pics.
Post a Comment