OK. so I have been in nursery for 2 1/2 years now. You would think it would come to an end soon, right!! Well, no, it doesn't quite happen that way. I now have a second calling. Last week they asked me to be the new Enrichment Leader. As my Patriartical Blessing instructs me to do, "Never decline a calling", I accepted. It will be a welcome addition to a rather relaxing nursery calling. I have had my first meeting with the enrichment co. and assignments have been passed out. I am on my way to fulfilling this calling as best I can because we have an activity coming up in August.
Knowing I won't refuse to serve and will follow the council given to me, I guess the Lord wasn't quite done with me yet. On Sunday I received yet another calling in addition to the other 2. I am now also the Cub Scout Committee Chairman. That basically means I and a committee plan the Pack meetings and Blue and Gold Banquet, and award ceremonies for the boys. My friend commented that all I do is plan parties and fun stuff. Hey, if ya got a talent, use it right!!
So those are my wonderful new callings that will keep me busy and provide much entertainment and togetherness for those in my ward.
What a blessing it will be to able to work closely with others and to see something I have planned get carried out and be a success. Hopefully that's the way it will go.
6 comments:
Are you still on the Ward activities committee too? You are going to be one busy lady. Good luck!
Holy cow! Share the wealth! Isn't your ward huge? They couldn't give you a break. Well you sound nice and positive about them anyhow, I hope you aren't really screaming inside (I probably would be).
Good luck on them.
LOVE YOU
Clearly there's something you're not doing right! j/k!
Wow, 3 gold stars in heaven for Keri! You deserve MANY blessings for serving so faithfully. Is this common in your ward? Or are you the only one with multiple callings?
Many people have multiple callings. Our primary is need of teachers. That's where most people are. And we do have those that refuse callings. How sad for them think of the blessings they are missing out on.
i am glad i figurd out your blog. not that I cant walk up two houses and talk but blogging is fun.vx
Post a Comment